Yosemite, Sequoia, King’s Canyon and San Francisco
A leisurely trip from San Francisco to 4 of California’s finest national parks
Visit four wonderful national parks, including iconic Yosemite, on this leisurely round trip. Take your time exploring some of California’s most majestic mountain landscapes and stunning seascapes, as well as sampling the many delights of energetic, bohemian San Francisco.
From San Francisco head eastwards into the Sierra Nevada, home to 3 National Parks, 20 Wilderness Areas and 2 National Monuments. Here rugged mountains, soaring granite monoliths, vast glacier-carved canyons, huge trees, sparkling rivers, roaring world-class whitewater and wonderful waterfalls abound. Adventure in the wonderland that is Yosemite, and explore Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, Yosemite’s spectacular neighbours.
Visit Pinnacles, the newest National Park in the USA, on your way to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula. Enjoy Pacific sunsets, fantastic marine wildlife, glorious coastal scenery and delicious seafood. Travel southwards to see the wild Pacific coastline of Big Sur, before turning northwards back to San Francisco on the Pacific Coastal Highway 1 as it wends its way along California’s Pacific margin past classic beach towns, rocky tidepools and driftwood-strewn beaches.
- 4 National Parks, selected scenic and coastal routes
- City break in San Francisco
- 15 nights accommodation at 3* Hotels
- 16 days SUV car hire
- Virgin Atlantic flights from and to the UK
- ATOL protected
- Access to National Park Traveller holiday companion with 24/7 travel help desk
- Optional excursions and activities
- Prices based on the 1st week of May
- Day 1-2 Fly UK to San Francisco
- Day 3-7 Yosemite National Park
- Day 8-12 Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks
- Day 13-14 Monterey and Pinnacles National Park
- Day 15 San Francisco
- Day 16 Fly San Francisco to UK