Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia, Big Sur
A leisurely trip from San Francisco to 4 of California’s finest national parks
This wonderful round trip takes you through the amazing mountain landscapes and stunning seascapes of California, as well as visiting her two most iconic cities, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Enjoy the many and varied delights of San Francisco, then head east into the Sierra Nevada, home to 3 National Parks, 20 Wilderness Areas and 2 National Monuments. Here rugged mountains, vast canyons, huge trees, sparkling rivers, and wonderful waterfalls abound. Explore iconic Yosemite, and its spectacular neighbours, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Full of mountain memories, head southwest to Los Angeles for your next city adventure, so different - so interesting!
Next it’s northwards on Pacific Coastal Highway 1 as it wends its way along California’s Pacific margin and the craggy unspoiled coastline of Big Sur. Enjoy Pacific sunsets, world-class wine regions, classic beach towns, fantastic marine wildlife, delicious seafood and exquisite sandy beaches. Explore Monterey and take a trip to Pinnacles, the newest National Park in the USA, before enjoying more Pacific coastline on your way back to San Francisco.
- 4 National Parks, selected scenic and coastal routes
- City break in San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 14 nights accommodation at 3* Hotels
- 15 days SUV car hire
- Virgin Atlantic flights from and to the UK
- ATOL protected
- Access to National Park Traveller holiday companion with 24/7 travel help desk
- Optional excursions and activities
- Prices based on the 1st week of May
- Day 1-3 Fly UK to San Francisco
- Day 4-5 Yosemite National Park
- Day 6-7 Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks
- Day 8-9 Los Angeles
- Day 10-11 Cambria
- Day 12-13 Monterey and Pinnacles National Park
- Day 14 San Francisco
- Day 15 Fly San Francisco to UK