Beautiful Winterlake Lodge is located on the southern boundary of Denali National Park and offers a secluded outdoor escape. Its stunning location provides views of the Trimble and Hayes Glacier and the entrance to Rainy Pass, and it is also a vantage point for the annual dog sled race (Iditarod) that occurs every March.
- Wolverine Mountain offers intriguing hiking and wildlife viewing and there are many species of Alaskan birds, wildflowers and berries that are difficult to see in other areas.
- Activities at the lodge include hiking along the Iditarod Trail, swimming in the lake, and kayaking or canoeing.
- From the lodge activities such as glacier trekking, wildlife viewing, white-river rafting, fishing for salmon and rainbow trout, and exploring for gold are all available – often accessed by helicopter for which there is an additional charge payable locally.
- The lodge offers a comfortable main room where you can relax by the fire and view the lake from large picture windows, a cosy dining area, a large meditative yoga room, hot tub on the main deck, and a lakeside wood burning sauna.
- The rooms are in individual cabins located around the main lodge.
- Winterlake isowned by renowned chef, Kirsten Dixon who offers world class culinary classes at the lodge with visiting chefs. As you would expect, the meals here are superb and usually feature Alaskan cuisine.
- All guests are welcome in the kitchen to watch – or assist – if they wish!
On this short itinerary you will depart from Lake Hood in Anchorage on a scenic 50-minute floatplane flight to Winterlake Lodge. Time permitting, enjoy outdoor activities before your first night at the lodge. Hike along scenic trails, spotting species of Alaskan birds and wildflowers rarely seen elsewhere; go kayaking or canoeing; take guided walks or embark on a helicopter excursion (helicopter at extra cost).
The following day, partake in further outdoor activities before your second night’s stay. On your final day, you will depart after breakfast on the flight back to Anchorage.
Meals on tour – Full Board