Available as a Self Drive or Escorted Tour holiday
8 nights from £991 per person.
Witness the breathtaking landscapes on the northern states on this train journey from Chicago to Seattle. Step aboard the Empire Builder and travel across the North Dakota plains towards Montana. Spend time exploring the beautiful Glacier National Park before continuing your journey to the city of Seattle.
- East Glacier National Park
- Space Needle
- Chicago Zoo
- The hotels on the Western Explorer rail journey are of a Three Star standard. On the Amtrak Empire Builder Train you will have a seat or can upgrade to a sleeper cabin at a supplement.
- Western Explorer is an independent rail journey escorted by a local guide on the sightseeing excursions detailed only.
- Dress code on trains is casual, even for dinner in the dining car
- Consider bringing a camera, binoculars and reading material
- We recommend tipping between 10-15% for waiting staff, barmen and guides and smaller amounts for doormen and porters
- A City Tours Maine Rail Packet with vouchers is delivered upon arrival at the first hotel.
- Day 1 – CHICAGO
- Day 2 – CHICAGO
- Day 3 – EMPIRE BOULDER TRAIN
- Days 4-5 – EAST GLACIER PARK
- Day 6 – EMPIRE BOULDER TRAIN
- Days 7-8 – SEATTLE
- Day 9 – SEATTLE