Western Canada Pioneer
From emerald-green lakes and rushing waterfalls to snow-capped mountains and hot springs we explore many of Canada's natural highlights on foot. We discover the vast Columbia Glacier, Athabasca Falls and Lake Louise. Along the way we visit a bear sanctuary in Yoho, hike through Red Canyon and enjoy gentle walks through Jasper National Park. There is also the opportunity for plenty of activity - choose from rafting, canoeing, cycling or even glacier walking.
- Accommodation; Stay in a teepee, yurt, trapper tent and in various campsites
- Waterton Lakes – Visit a buffalo reserve
- Golden – Opportunity to try out white water rafting on Kootenay River
- Kicking Horse Grizzly Bear Refuge – Optional visit to the Grizzly conservation refuge.
- Jasper National Park – Drive along the Icefield Parkway which boasts impressive glaciers.
- Lake Louise – Visit one of Canada’s most photographed settings.
- Banff National Park – World Heritage landscapes and a hike through Johnston Canyon.
- Day 1 – Join tour Calgary
- Day 2 – Morning sightseeing in Calgary, then drive to Wateron Lakes National Park
- Day 3 – Morning hike in Red Rock Canyon. Visit Buffalo Reserve
- Day 4 – Hiking in Waterton Lakes. Optional lake cruise
- Day 5 – Morning drive to Fernie. Afternoon drive to Whiteswan National Park
- Day 6 – Drive to Kootenay National Park: hikes and optional rafting
- Day 7 – Visit Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and Grizzly Bear Reserve and drive to Yoho National Park
- Day 8 – Drive to Jasper National Park via Icefield Parkway
- Day 9 – Explore Maligne Canyon and Maligne Lake with optional canoe trip
- Day 10 – Hiking in Jasper National Park; optional cycle ride or gondola ride
- Day 11 – Drive to Banff via the Icefield Parkway, Athabaska Falls and Lake Louise
- Day 13 – Hiking in the Kananaskis Valley
- Day 14 – Tour ends Calgary Airport