Trails of Liberty
Step back into Colonial America on this Family Experiences guided trip that brings history alive on this patriotic adventure! Make your own chocolate bars at Hershey's Chocolate World, learn about the famous battles of the Civil War at Gettysburg National Military Park, tour Amish country by horse-and-buggy and discover the plantation home of George Washington, America's first president.
- Washington, D.C.
- Explore the capital city’s landmarks and memorials.
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Learn about the final resting place of the nation’s heroes.
- Tour Independence National Historic Park, home to the Liberty Bell, the National Constitution Center and Independence Hall.
- Lancaster County
- Travel through Amish Country by horse-drawn wagon.
- Visit Hershey’s Chocolate World and make your own chocolate bar.
- Gettysburg National Military Park
- Visit the new Civil War exhibits and learn about the famous battle and Lincoln’s speech.
- Shenandoah National Park
- Enjoy a walk through the park, roast marshmallows and listen to stories around a bonfire.
- Learn about 18th century tavern life at historic Michie Tavern.
- Explore the early Colonial capital, listen to ghostly legends from a storyteller on an evening candlelight tour.
- Visit the first permanent English settlement on the continent and step aboard a replica of one of the ships that sailed from England.
- Mount Vernon
- Discover the plantation home of George and Martha Washington, America’s first presidential family.
- Day 1 – ARRIVE WASHINGTON, D.C. (2 NIGHTS)
- Day 2 – WASHINGTON, D.C. SIGHTSEEING & FREE TIME
- Day 3 – WASHINGTON, D.C. – PHILADELPHIA SIGHTSEEING & FREE TIME
- Day 4 – PHILADELPHIA – LANCASTER COUNTY – HERSHEY – GETTYSBURG
- Day 5 – GETTYSBURG – SHENANDOAH NATIONAL PARK
- Day 6 – SHENANDOAH – CHARLOTTESVILLE – WILLIAMSBURG (2 NIGHTS)
- Day 7 – JAMESTOWN & COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG SIGHTSEEING
- Day 8 – WILLIAMSBURG – MOUNT VERNON – DEPART WASHINGTON, D.C.