Southern USA Rockies & Canyons
Explore 6 National Parks, ancient Pueblo civilisations and prehistory amidst outstanding scenery
Visit Arches, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Canyonlands, Great Sand Dunes, Mesa Verde, Rocky Mountain
Available as a Self Drive or Escorted Tour holiday
21 nights from £1,975 per person.
Have three holidays in one in the stunningly scenic landscapes of the USA’s Southwest. This trip will take you off the beaten track through Utah, New Mexico and Colorado to explore six unusual national parks, to wonder at the the dwelling places of Ancient Pueblo peoples, and to visit fantastic fossil remains of dinosaurs and more.
Adventure along Scenic Byways with names to conjure with - Dinosaur Diamond Prehistoric Highway, San Juan Skyway, Flaming Gorge, High Road to Taos, and Enchanted Circle. Hike through amazing red rock landscapes, sledge down sand dunes, see gorgeous gorges and wonderful wildlife, ride scenic railways, relax by rivers and alpine lakes, admire art both ancient and modern, enjoy majestic mountains, and find out more about ancient cultures and prehistory.
Salt Lake City, Santa Fe and Denver offer a variety of city delights. Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages will enjoy the great outdoors whose scale and variety of activities only the USA can offer. This holiday has something for everyone.
- 6 National Parks and 3 National Monuments
- Selected scenic routes & Ancient Pueblo settlements
- City breaks in Salt Lake City, Denver and Santa Fe
- 21 nights accommodation at 3* Hotels
- 21 days SUV car hire
- Virgin Atlantic flights from and to the UK
- ATOL protected
- Access to National Park Traveller holiday companion with 24/7 travel help desk
- Optional excursions and activities
- Prices based on the 1st week of May
- Day 1-2 Fly UK to Salt Lake City
- Day 3-4 Bear Lake
- Day 5-6 Vernal
- Day 7-9 Arches and Canyonlands National Parks
- Day 10-11 Mesa Verde National Park
- Day 12 Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Day 13 Durango
- Day 14-15 Santa Fe and Rio Grande
- Day 16 Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Day 17-18 Colorado Springs
- Day 19-20 Rocky Mountain National Park
- Day 21 Fly Denver to UK