Rockies Explorer & Alaska Cruise
A holiday of highlights, this exclusive tour stays in some of the iconic hotels in Alberta and British Columbia and includes a two day journey on the Rocky Mountaineer in GoldLeaf class. From a luxurious waterfront setting in Vancouver your journey will take you through snow-capped peaks to the delights of the Banff National Park and on to the amazing beauty of Lake Louise. The splendour of Moraine Lake and the Athabasca Glacier are beyond compare and the scenic beauty of Jasper will amaze you. Alpine Whistler is a true delight and the charm of Victoria irrepressible; and then there’s the magic of a cruise to Alaska.
- Gold Leaf on Rocky Mountaineer
- Ride the Banff Gondola for amazing views
- Stay at the stunning Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
- Wildlife spotting on a Blue River safari
- Breakfast at Butchart Gardens
In Victoria and Banff you can also choose from the following excursions at no additional cost;
- Whale Watching Boat Trip – Enjoy a boat trip off the coast of Victoria to search for orca, sea lions, and minke whales. Choose from a covered boat or a high speed zodiac boat ride.
- 20 Minute Floatplane Flight *- The flight offers stunning views of Victoria and the Strait of Juan de Fuca, with the backdrop of the Olympic Mountains in the distance.
- Historic Walking Tour – Walk back in time and imagine life in the past along Victoria’s harbour. The leisurely pace of this tour will suit all fitness levels.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Tour – Visit the James Bay district, enjoy waterfront views, see the gardens of Beacon Hill and visit Totem Park from the comfort of a horse drawn carriage.
- Traditional Afternoon Tea – Indulge in one of Victoria’s grandest traditions with an afternoon tea of scones, clotted cream and jam at the famous Fairmont Empress Hotel.
- Historic Gardens Visit – Join a local guide and visit some of Victoria’s beautiful private and public gardens (some walking is required)
- Salmon Fishing * – Join an experienced guide on a fishing adventure and experience the thrill of catching British Columbia’s famous wild salmon.
- Banff Experience – Learn about the mountain resort of Banff, its people and wildlife while exploring the spectacular sights on this tour.
- Heli Flightseeing * – Get an eagle eye’s view of the Rockies on this thrilling 12 minute helicopter tour. Escape to the Spray Valley and the spine of the Goat Range.
- Bow River Float Trip * – Enjoy a relaxing float trip down the majestic Bow River, keeping your eyes peeled for any wildlife on the river banks. Suitable for most fitness levels.
- Cruise on Lake Minnewanka * – Cruise through some of the most spectacular scenery in the Rockies and discover a paradise steeped in history, folklore and geology.
- Willow Stream Spa – Relax with vistas of mountains, glaciers and emerald lakes and soothe your muscles at the mineral pool of the Fairmont Banff Springs.
- Voyageur Canoe Tour * – Listen to intriguing tales from your guide as you paddle along the Bow River in a Voyageur Canoe.
* These activities are seasonal and dependent on weather conditions# Operation is subject to minimum numbers
- Day 1 – Arrive Vancouver
- Day 3 – Rocky Mountaineer – Kamloops
- Day 4 – Spiral Tunnels – Banff
- Day 5 – Banff
- Day 6 – Moraine Lake – Lake Louise
- Day 7 – Icefields Parkway, Athabasca Glacier – Jasper
- Day 8 – Mount Robson – Blue River – Sun Peaks
- Day 9 – Whistler
- Day 10 – Georgia Strait – Victoria
- Day 11 – Victoria, Butchart Gardens
- Day 12 – Holland America Line Cruise
- Day 13 – Cruise the Inside Passage
- Day 14 – Tracy Arm – Juneau
- Day 15 – Skagway
- Day 16: Glacier Bay
- Day 17 – Ketchikan
- Day 18 – The Inside Passage
- Day 19 – Depart Vancouver