Visit Huanglongsi - Jiuzhaigou
Available as a Self Drive or Escorted Tour holiday
13 nights from £4,990 per person.
An exclusive trip of a lifetime to follow in the footsteps of the original plant hunters. May 2014, be escorted by RHS Vice President and plant seeker Roy Lancaster OBE VMH and RHS Director of Horticulture Jim Gardiner. Due to popular demand, we have added a new departure in October 2014 which will be escorted by Christopher Bailes, Curator, Chelsea Physic Garden and RHS Director of Horticulture, Jim Gardiner.
- Visit the Grand Buddha, the world’s largest stone-carved Buddhist statue -short boat trip to view the statue from the river
- Explore Emeishan, renowned for its flora
- The Golden Summit of Emeishan – see misty clouds rolling over jagged cliffs, epitomising this mountain’s epic scenery
- Walk around White Dragon Cave and visit the Qingyin Temple
- Explore and discover the Gang Ho Ba Valley region, home to an array of plant life
- Visit the Lijiang Old Town.
- Days 1-2 – Fly to Chengdu
- Day 3 – Leshan
- Day 4 – Explore Emeishan
- Day 5 – Further explore Emeishan
- Day 6 – Huanglong
- Day 7 – Nine Villages Valley
- Day 8 – Chuanzhusi
- Days 9 – Fly to Kunming
- Day 10 – Kunming
- Day 11 – Lijiang
- Day 12 – Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Day 13 – Gang Ho Ba Valley
- Day 14 – Chengdu
- Day 15 – Fly to the UK