Indian Rail Odyssey
Taking to the tracks of India’s extensive railway system we travel from the holy Sikh city of Amritsar to Kerala’s beautiful backwaters. We uncover the history of Delhi’s colonial past, explore the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur and visit the magnificent Taj Mahal. Along the way we discover Moghul treasures, track tigers, relax on tropical beaches and explore jungle-lined foothills.
- Amritsar – Experience the captivating atmosphere of the Golden Temple, the sacred heart of the Sikh faith
- India Pakistan border – Join in with the noisy crowds at the spectacular daily border closing ceremony
- Delhi – Take in the grandeur of the city’s Moghal and Colonial past
- Agra – Watch the sunrise over the beautiful Taj Mahal
- Bandipur National Park – Look out for the mighty Bengal tiger
- Toy Train – Ride the narrow gauge train from Ooty
- Kochi – Relax in this coastal town on the Arabian Sea and take a boatride through the peaceful backwaters
- Day 1 – Join tour Amritsar
- Day 2 – Full day’s sightseeing; overnight train to Delhi
- Day 3 – AM city tour of Old Delhi
- Day 4 – AM city tour of New Delhi; PM train to Agra
- Day 5 – Sunrise visit to Taj Mahal and morning tour of Agra Fort; PM free
- Day 6 – Drive to Jaipur via Fatehpur Sikri.
- Day 7 – Jaipur sightseeing
- Day 8 – Morning free in Jaipur, afternoon train to Mumbai.
- Day 9 – Mumbai sightseeing tour
- Day 10 – Day train to Goa
- Day 11 – Spice village tour; afternoon free.
- Day 12 – Overnight train to Bangalore.
- Day 13 – Arrive in Bangalore: Drive to Mysore
- Day 14 – Free Day in Mysore
- Day 15 – Morning free in Mysore; drive to Bandipur National Park
- Day 16 – Morning and afternoon game drives
- Day 17 – Drive to Ooty (2270m) ; PM free
- Day 18 – AM ‘Toy Train’ to Coonoor; drive to Combatore; train to Ernakulum and then transfer on to Kochi
- Day 19 – AM city tour; optional evening Kathakali dancing
- Day 20 – Day exploring the Backwaters
- Day 21 – Tour ends Kochi