Highlights of Namibia (Self-drive)
Self-drive itineraries are a liberating, flexible and cost-effective way to discover Namibia at your own pace. A number of different routes lend themselves well to self-drive holidays with itineraries taking in stunning desert landscapes, coastal towns and wildliferich reserves. Accommodation varies from 4-star guesthouses to 5-star luxury lodges, camps and hotels, and can be booked on a bed & breakfast, full board or fully inclusive basis, covering all excursions and safari activities.
- Super Cover car hire insurance.
- On arrival in Namibia, you are met by a guide and given a comprehensive selfdrive pack. With a wealth of expert local knowledge, the guide can offer advice on any aspect of the itinerary or routing that you may be unsure of.
- Namibians drive on the left-hand side and although 80% of the country’s roads are gravel, regular grading generally keeps them in good condition. For self-drive holidays in Namibia, Nissan X-Trail is recommended, which is spacious and has good ground clearance. It is also a good idea to book and pay in advance for a second spare tyre as distances are long and punctures occur more often on gravel.
- Vehicle types for hire: Group K – Nissan X-Trail, 5 door Toyota Yaris (sedan) or similar
- Features include: Automatic gearbox, air conditioning, radio / CD player, airbags and power steering.
- Capacity: 5 passengers maximum.
- Day 1 – Fly to Namibia
- Day 2 – Windhoek
- Day 3 – To Sossusvlei
- Day 4 – Sossusvlei
- Day 5 – To Swakopmund
- Day 6 – Swakopmund
- Day 7 – To Damaraland
- Day 8 – Damaraland
- Day 9 – To Etosha
- Day 10 – Etosha
- Day 11 – To Okahandja
- Day 12 – To London