High Tatras Trek
Available as a Self Drive or Escorted Tour holiday
7 nights from £680 per person.
We begin our adventure into the High Tatras Mountains in Zakopane at the foot of the Polish side of the mountain range and spend a couple of days exploring the nearby beautiful alpine valleys before heading into the heart of the High Tatras National Park. The resort of Tatranska Lominica in Slovakia is nestled amidst the forested foothills. By winter, a ski resort; it's a trekkers' paradise during the summer with easy access to the best trails. Containing some of the tallest peaks in Europe between the Alps and the Caucasus, the Tatras are littered with relics of the last ice age; broad valleys carve their way between frost-shattered peaks and over 100 mountain lakes pepper the landscape. Following our exploration we head for the delightful medieval city of Krakow.
- High Tatras Mountains – Spectacular walking in Slovakia’s breathtaking mountains
- Dunajec River Gorge – Rafting between beech-covered mountains
- Krakow – Explore Poland’s UNESCO Heritage listed medieval gem
- Chocholowska Valley – Explore the picture perfect alpine scenery
- Day 1 – Join tour at Krakow airport and transfer to Zakopane
- Day 2 – Walking in the Chocholowska Valley
- Day 3 – Walking in the Five Lakes Valley
- Day 4 – Trekking in the High Tatras Mountains
- Day 5 – Rafting on the Dunajec River and a visit to Niedzica Castle
- Day 6 – Tatras Mountain trek
- Day 7 – Krakow tour and free time
- Day 8 – Tour ends in Krakow