Heritage of America
Follow the epic story of American democracy. Join a local guide on a tour of New York City, featuring the Empire State Building, Greenwich Village and other time honoured landmarks. Visit the presidential estates of Washington’s Mount Vernon and Jefferson’s Monticello. Walk the hallowed battlefield at Gettysburg. Tour some of Colonial Williamsburg’s 88 restored historic buildings. Learn first-hand about the Amish way of life while enjoying dinner with an Amish family. Travel along the famous Skyline drive and see amazing views of the Shenandoah Valley. Explore the countless treasures of the Smithsonian Institution, including the actual Apollo 11 Command Module and the Hope Diamond.
- Spend two nights in New York City, and take a city tour during one of your days there.
- Visit the living history museum that is Colonial Williamsburg, and dine on colonial fare.
- Tour history-changing Gettysburg with a local guide.
- Spend two nights in Washington, D.C., and take a city tour during one of your days there.
- Day 1 – Arrive New York City, New York
- Day 2 – New York City
- Day 3 – New York City – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Lancaster
- Day 4 – Lancaster
- Day 5 – Lancaster – Gettysburg – Shenandoah Valley, Virginia – Charlottesville
- Day 6 – Charlottesville – Williamsburg
- Day 7 – Colonial Williamsburg
- Day 8 – Williamsburg – Washington, D.C.
- Day 9 – Washington, D.C.
- Day 10 – Washington, D.C. – Depart for Home
- Day 11 – Arrive UK