Forts & Palaces of Rajasthan
Available as a Self Drive or Escorted Tour holiday
13 nights from £2,095 per person.
The princely states of Rajputana, now Rajasthan, were once the domain of courageous warriors and lavish ruling dynasties. Following a tour of Delhi and Agra, this journey travels into the heart of Rajasthan and explores many of the region’s magnificent forts and palaces, atmospheric cities and stunning desert scenery.
- Stay in charming character-rich heritage hotels
- Visit the exotic palaces of the erstwhile maharajas
- Walk through Bikaner to see street architecture, old havelis and frescoes
- Take a camel-back safari through the sand dunes
- This tour offers an excellent opportunity to experience rural life in one of India’s most colourful regions. Wherever possible, accommodation is in heritage properties, many of which are former royal forts and palaces. While most are of a high standard, they do have fewer facilities than modern hotels. In our opinion, this is more than made up for by the ambience of these traditional properties, which is a highlight of the tour for many visitors.
- Day 1 – To Delhi
- Day 2 – Delhi
- Day 3 – To Agra
- Day 4 – Agra
- Day 5 – To Jaipur
- Day 6 – Jaipur
- Day 7 – To Bikaner
- Day 8 – Bikaner
- Day 9 – To Jaisalmer
- Day 10 – To Manvar
- Day 11 – To Rohet / Luni
- Day 12 – Rohet / Luni
- Day 13 – To Udaipur
- Day 14 – Udaipur
- Day 15 – To London