Essence of South America
Tauck’s 14-day Essence of South America tours a trio South American countries and inspires with in-depth discoveries of the many natural and architectural wonders of South America. From the western coast of Chile to the eastern coast of Brazil by way of Patagonia and the Andes (through some of the continent's most breathtaking scenery), we’ll share the pleasures of this wonderfully diverse continent with you. Spend multiple nights in world-class South American cities – Santiago, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro – from the finest hotels in the heart of each city. Cross the Andes and cruise on lovely lakes in full view of those mighty mountains. View spectacular Iguazú Falls from both Brazil and Argentina. Sample the fine wines of Chile and famous Argentinian beef; get a behind-the-scenes look at Rio's colorful Carnaval; feel the passion and the heat of the tango and the samba. This most enriching of South America tours is the experience of a lifetime!
- A walk along the base of thundering Iguazú Falls during two nights at a hotel with views of the waterfall
- A three-night stay in Buenos Aires featuring a private visit to Teatro Colón Opera House, and dinner and a tango show at Esquina Carlos Gardel
- Two nights in Rio de Janeiro in trendsetting Ipanema, featuring dazzling views of the beach
- Private tour of Rio’s Samba City for a behind-the-scenes look atCarnaval costumes, floats and sensational samba dancing
- Choice of Patagonian national park adventures: a 4 X 4 vehicle safari, exhilarating zip lining, or horseback riding with a guide
- A two-day crossing of the Andes Mountain Range with emerald lake cruises, volcanic mountains and spectacular scenery
- Two nights in Bariloche, the “Switzerland of South America”
- A wine-pairing lunch at a renowned Chilean winery to discover the secrets of Chile’s fabulous wine
- Day 1 – Welcome to Santiago, Chile – get acquainted reception and dinner
- Day 2 – Sightsee Santiago. Enjoy world class wines; mid-afternoon at leisure.
- Day 3 – Fly to Northern Patagonia. Scenic drive to Puerto Varas on Lago Llanquihue.
- Day 4 – Cross the Andes to Peulla. Catamaran lake sail plus enjoy either a 4×4 safari, zip line or horseback adventure.
- Day 5 – A kaleidoscope of stunning high alpine peaks and lakes. Breathtaking. Cruise two lakes before reaching Bariloche.
- Day 6 – Full free Day at Llao Llao Resort. Tennis, swimming, sailing, spa and tango lessons all await or relax amid the views.
- Day 7 – AM chairlift excursion to view the peaks and lakes. PM fly to Buenos Aires for three nights in this exotic city.
- Day 8 – See Buenos Aires, Argentina’s Big Apple. Explore La Boca. Tonight experience the infamous tango show – dinner out.
- Day 9 – See Teatro Colon, operatic opulence restored and revisited in Buenos Aires. Then time to spend as you please.
- Day 10 – AM tour the Embassy District and visit La Recoleta to see Eva Peron’s grave. PM fly to thundering Iguazú Falls.
- Day 11 – AM tour and explore Iguazú Falls from the Argentinian side. PM free for optional boat, helicopter and hiking excursions.
- Day 12 – Cross to the Brazilian side of Iguazú Falls for a totally different perspective. Afternoon flight to Rio de Janeiro.
- Day 13 – Sightsee Rio de Janeiro! Tijuca National Park – Christ the Redeemer – Carnaval costumes and floats – Sugarloaf Mountain – farewell dinner.
- Day 14 – Free morning to browse. Bid farewell. Enjoy your journey home with fond memories of Days past.