Dhaka to Delhi
Take a journey of discovery with us through Bangladesh and India. Along the way we explore ancient citadels, elegant temples and Buddhist monasteries. We take a boat trip through the world’s largest mangrove forest in Sundarban National Park. Crossing into India we travel to Varanasi, the spiritual city known as Benares. We also spend time in the vibrant cities of Delhi and Kolkata.
- Dhaka – Explore the cultural and historic highlights of one of South Asia’s most vibrant cities
- Bogra – Visit the important archaeological ruins of Sompura Mahavihara and Mahasthangarh
- The Sundarbans – Take a cruise through the UNESCO World Heritage landscapes of one of the world’s largest mangrove forests
- Agra, Calcutta and Delhi – Discover the rich heritage of India’s Mughal and colonial past
- Varanasi – Explore the ghats and temples of one of the holiest Hindu cities on earth. Visit the birthplace of Buddhism at Sarnath
- Day 1 – Join tour Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Day 2 – Sightseeing in Dhaka
- Day 3 – Drive to Bogra. Visit Sompura Mahavihara Monastery
- Day 4 – Visit Mahasthangar and Puthia, Drive to Kustia
- Day 5 – Drive to Khulna
- Day 6 – Sunderbans river cruise
- Day 7 – Cruise back to Mongla, visit 60 domed mosque.
- Day 8 – Drive to Calcutta via border crossing at Benapole
- Day 9 – Free in Calcutta
- Day 10 – Morning train to Varanasi
- Day 11 – Visit Sarnath. Optional evening aarti festival by boat
- Day 12 – Full Day in old Varanasi. Overnight train to Agra
- Day 13 – Arrive Agra. Afternoon optional tour of Agra Fort and It-mud-ullah
- Day 14 – Sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal, then morning train to Delhi.
- Day 15 – Tour ends in Delhi