Cradle Of Voodoo
On this journey across Togo and Benin we discover tribal cultures, ancient voodoo traditions and colonial architecture. We witness traditional rituals, walk through the Atakora Mountains and stay in a stilt village. We also trek through pristine rainforest, meet the chiefs of the Bassari tribes, witness a fire-dance and a mask ceremony.
- Voodoo – A unique opportunity to witness the intriguing and esoteric rituals of West Africa.
- Tamberma – Remote fortified dwellings in the Atakora mountains.
- Kloto – Scenic highlands and walks in the tropical forest.
- Abomey – The impressive Royal palace, a UNESCO Heritage site.
- Ganvie – A remarkable stilt village on Lake Nokwe.
- Village Life – Experience the diversity of cultures and traditions in West Africa.
- Lomé – Togo’s vibrant capital and the fetish market.
- Day 1 – Join tour Lome
- Day 2 – Visit Lome; transfer to Kpalime surrounded by tropical forest
- Day 3 – Hike in the rainforest to discover its flora and fauna
- Day 4 – Drive to Sokode through villages and markets; fire dance in the evening
- Day 5 – Drive to the Bassar region. Visit the clay houses and learn about the iron production
- Day 6 – Visit the Kabye region and transfer to the Atakora Mountains
- Day 7 – Visit the Somba in the Atakora Mountains
- Day 8 – Drive to Natitingou; discover the town with its museum and market, meet local artisant or relax by the pool
- Day 9 – Drive to Dassa visiting the Yom people and the fetish village of Dankoli
- Day 10 – Visit the Royal Palace in Dassa and attend a mask ceremony
- Day 11 – Visit the Royal Palace in Abomey and attend a Gelede mask ceremony
- Day 12 – Visit Porto Novo, transfer to Ganvie in the afternoon
- Day 13 – Visit Ouidah; drive to Grand Popo
- Day 14 – Pirogue trip along Mono River
- Day 15 – Drive to Togo via voodoo villages; continue to Lome
- Day 16 – Tour ends