Costa Rica: Jungles & Rainforests
Life is pretty colorful on a Costa Rica vacation, where even butterflies like the electric-blue morpho make visitors gape in awe. More than 850 different species of birds make their homes here, from emerald-green parrots, scarlet macaws and bright-billed "flying banana" toucans to purple-throated hummingbirds, orange-bellied trogons, and red and green plumed quetzals. Green turtles and iguanas, red frogs and white-faced monkeys are also a big draw too, as you’ll find out when you explore tropical rainforests and jungles on a rafting trip and a nature hike during overnight stays in riverfront lodges. Cruise on a lake overshadowed by one of the world's most active volcanoes. Want to get the ultimate hands-on Costa Rica vacation experience? Take a sky-tram ride or a zip-line adventure through the rainforest and learn all about living in Costa Rica when you visit an organic pineapple plantation, and see – as well as taste – how the cacao fruit is transformed into chocolate. And the best part – share it all with your family on Costa Rica: Jungles & Rainforests.
- Zip line adventure or a trip by sky tram for extraordinary views of Arenal Volcano and the lush rainforest canopy
- Jungle river-rafting adventure with an expert wildlife guide
- Private home visit with a local farmer whose family have lived along the river for generations
- Guided tour of a 3,000-acre organic pineapple plantation
- Hands-on demonstration inmaking chocolate
- Exploration of Tortuguero National Park by boat and land with expert naturalists includes a canal cruise, nature hike and admission to the Caribbean Conservation Learning Center
- Day 1 – Arrive Liberia and start your Costa Rica vacation
- Day 2 – Dive into a Day of outdoor fun
- Day 3 – Cruise Lake Arenal and ride a sky tram or go zip-lining
- Day 4 – River rafting and more at Tilajari Resort
- Day 5 – A pineapple farm, a jungle lodge, and green sea turtles
- Day 6 – Tortuguero National Park by water and by land
- Day 7 – On to San José & a tasty look at chocolate-making
- Day 8 – Adios, Costa Rica vacation!