Along The Yangtse
Available as a Self Drive or Escorted Tour holiday
12 nights from £1,680 per person.
On this trip we cruise through the dramatic gorges of the Yangtse River. We explore the cosmopolitan cities of Hong Kong and Shanghai and the rice paddies and villages of rural China. We admire the spectacular karst landscapes at Guilin and the Buddhist sculptures at Baoding Shan. We also enjoy a boat ride along the River Li and explore the rice terraces of Longji.
- Three Gorges cruise – Spend two days cruising down the beautiful Yangtse River
- Hong Kong – Soak up the atmosphere in the night markets or take the tram to Victoria Peak for views across the city
- Yangshuo – Float past dramatic karst scenery on the Li River.
- Longji – Trek across rice terraces and through minority villages
- Chengdu – Meet the loveable pandas
- Shanghai – Take a break from the city in Yu Yuan gardens and spend time reflecting at the Jade Buddha temple.
- Day 1 – Join tour Hong Kong
- Day 2 – In Hong Kong
- Day 3 – AM in Hong Kong; overnight train to Guilin
- Day 4 – Arrive in Guilin; boat on Li River to Yangshuo
- Day 5 – In Yangshuo
- Day 6 – Drive Longji; walks on rice terraces
- Day 7 – In Ping ‘An, fly to Chengdu
- Day 8 – Visit Panda Research Centre; drive to Dazu
- Day 9 – Board Riverboat for 2 and a half Day cruise via ‘Three Gorges’ on Yangtse River
- Day 10 – Continuing our cruise
- Day 11 – Continuing our cruise aboard the Riverboat
- Day 12 – Visit dam project; fly Shanghai
- Day 13 – In Shanghai
- Day 14 – Tour ends Shanghai